If you intend to be the future owner of a swimming pool or if you are already a well -established company that builds swimming pools, you should know that it is necessary to maintain cleanliness and sanitation of water.
Since the form of chlorine present is pH-dependent, the pH should be balanced at an appropriate level to maximize sanitizer effectiveness and ensure swimmer comfort. Ideal pH levels are typically between 7.2 and 7.6; pH levels above this greatly reduce the effectiveness of chlorine sanitizers, and pH levels below this can cause skin and eye irritation.
Depending on the pH level, chlorine will be present as hypochlorous acid (HOCl), the most effective form for sanitization, or as the less effective hypochlorite ion (OCl¯). Chlorine will be present in greater concentrations as hypochlorous acid below pH 7.6; above this pH, hypochlorite is favored. Chlorine can also combine with other molecules present in the water; when it combines with ammonia, chloramines are formed, which are virtually ineffective at sanitizing and responsible for producing the familiar and unpleasant “chlorine” odor.
Chlorine concentration can be measured as either free chlorine residual (chlorine available for active disinfection) or total chlorine (combined chlorine that is no longer available for disinfection, in addition to free chlorine). Both are measured by DPD method, standard colorimetric method, where there is characteristic magenta color change. Intensity of color is directly proportional to the chlorine concentration.
- pH in mV
- conductivity (EC)
- total dissolved solids (TDS)
- One probe with field replaceable pH/ORP, EC and temperature sensors
- Auto-ranging for EC and TDS readings
- Display up to 11 measurements simultaneously
- Laboratory grade measurements in a portable
- CAL Check advanced probe diagnostics
- Troubleshooting tool for the maintenance of process probes
Pool Line Tester
- Replaceable ORP electrode
- Simultaneous display of ORP & temperature
Pool Line Combo Tester
- Replaceable pH electrode
- Automatic calibration
BL122 • BL123
BL120 • BL121
- All in one solution for maintaining the proper ORP value
- Industrial process probe with 1/2″ NPT threads for insertion into re-circulation line
- Input for level controller or flow switch
- 4 models available for monitoring chlorine, pH, and ORP levels
- Two separate selectable 0-20 or 4-20 mA signal output (PCA340 only)
- User-friendly interface simplifies setup and maintenance
Nives Vinceković Budor