The established electrochemical DO measurement is gradually being replaced by the optical measurement method. The measurement principle is based on the physical luminescence oxygen measurement. The basis of this measurement is the detection of the fluorescence decrease of a special excited luminophore after excitation by a pulsed blue LED light beam of defined wavelength. The temporal decay behavior after excitation is measured in relation to a red reference LED. This is directly related to the oxygen concentration on the carrier surface.
- No membrane – and electrolyte changes
- No calibration
- High measurement accuracy
- No incident flow
- Short response times
- High sensitivity at low oxygen concentrations
- No membrane, no electrolyte
- Low maintenance
- Waterproof: Ergonomic, rugged and waterproof (IP67) design that withstands harsh environments.
- Quick Connect Probe: The included HI764113 optical oxygen probe features the Quick Connect DIN connector, which provides a quick and easy waterproof connection to the instrument. The probe’s built-in temperature sensor allows automatic temperature compensation of readings.
- GLP data: The GLP data stored with the measured values can be checked at any time. They include date and time of calibration, as well as pressure, salinity and temperature values.
- Graphic LCD: The high-contrast graphic LC display is easy to read both outdoors in bright sunshine and, thanks to its backlight, in low light. The instrument is intuitive to use thanks to a combination of context-sensitive virtual and fixed keys. Several languages can be selected. In addition, the meter has an intuitive keypad and context-sensitive help.
- Data recording: The on-demand data recording function allows up to 4000 measurements to be stored. The values can later be transferred to a connected PC.
- Long battery life: The HI98198 can run for up to 200 hours on a set of 4 AA batteries. The battery level indicator on the display informs about the remaining lifetime.
- Sturdy carrying case: The HI98198 comes in a sturdy plastic carrying case. It accommodates the device and accessories with a perfect fit.
simultaneously with only one meter!
- Bluetooth technology: retrieve recorded data with the Hanna Lab app and send it by email or download it to your smartphone
- Waterproof: IP67 rated waterproof housing, probe waterproof to IP68.
- Digital probe with integrated temperature sensor and 3 ports for pH(ORP), electrical conductivity (EC) and dissolved oxygen (optical) sensors; Color-coded, field-replaceable sensors; Automatic sensor detection; Weighted stainless steel protective cap
- Quick calibration
- Automatic barometric pressure compensation
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Data logging: Automatic interval storage of up to 45,000 samples
- GLP: Storage of data from the last 5 calibrations to comply with Good Laboratory Practice
- Graphical display: With the Hanna Lab App there is the possibility to graphically display recorded data.
- Data transfer: Data can be sent by e-mail as a .CSV or .PDF file.
- Dedicated help button: Context-sensitive on-screen help at the touch of a button
- Backlit LC display
- Intuitive keyboard: Decided keys and virtual multifunction keys
- USB Type-C: Computer port for transferring recording data as a .CSV file; port for charging the built-in lithium-ion battery pack
- Dual power supply: Operation with built-in lithium-ion battery or battery operation with 1.5 V AA; alkaline batteries when battery level is low
- Supplied in a rugged carrying case